Hospital AGV Configurations
Savant AGVs for hospital cart transportation utilize our ‘Smart’ AGV control system and unique ‘virtual’ path navigation technology. Savant ‘target’free’ AGVs are used to move all types of hospital carts including food, linen, trash, supply, surgical kit type carts. System controls allow considerable flexibility to meet different department user needs. The AGVs are automatically assigned to heavy cart volume areas to minimize response time and optimize throughput. Unlike other hospital AGVs, entire AGV body is stainless steel which unlike painted steel will not stain, chip or corrode.
Efficient Cart Transportation
Model DC-10 is a totally low profile design. This design allows the AGV to ‘tunnel’ under hospital carts either from the front or rear of the cart. Model DL-10 is a raised pedestal design. This design accesses hospital carts from the front by reversing into the cart.
Hospital AGV Brochures
Hospital AGVs can be configured for either non lifting or lifting cart transport. The same base Savant AGV is used for either configuration.
Non-lift style – the AGV is equipped with a powered cart capture pin. This pin raises into a cup on the underside of the cart locking the cart to the AGV for transport.
Lift style – the AGV utilizes a powered lift platform that elevates the cart off the floor for transport.
Savant Hospital AGV systems offer a wide range of functionality and capability.
- Elevator – interface with new or existing elevator control systems.
- Ramp – travel at controlled speeds up or down ramps with loaded or empty carts.
- RFID tracking – read RFID tags on carts and track cart location while being transported by AGVs.
- HMI call/dispatch – utilize touch screen AGV call/dispatch panels at cart pickup locations that allow operator to call AGVs and designate delivery destination for carts.
- Cart sensing for automatic AGV call – ability to sense when cart is in position at pickup location and dispatch AGV to respond.
- Interface with hospital IT systems – Our AGV control system supports a variety of networking protocols to exchange information with other systems.
- Graphic display tracking of AGV status (destination, battery condition, location, loaded/empty etc.).
- System and vehicle performance reporting.
- Dedicated or shared RF options.